The Neo-Gothic castle of the Esterházy family is one of the most beautiful monuments of Galanta and the whole region. It was built by the brothers Daniel and Paul Esterházy in the 17th century. The last neo-gothic reconstruction in 1861 gave it its current appearance. It was built by the family of Joseph Esterházy, who was the last to inhabit the castle and is buried in Galanta.
At the Norhern wing of the castle a tourist-information centre, a gallery, memorial rooms of Karol Duchoň and Zoltán Kodály and old gramophones exhibition is opened for visitors. At the end of 2021, the restoration of the neo-gothic tower was completed. Today it offers a guided tour Galanta on the spiral through the centuries.
Reservations: in person at the tourist office or in advance by phone/mail
Larger groups: by prior arrangement
phone: 00421 (0) 31/789 91 61