The medieval Church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary in Čierny Brod, in the part of Heď, was built at the beginning of the 13th century. The church belongs to a distinctive group of brick Romanesque buildings, it impresses with its unplastered brickwork with aesthetic sculptural decoration. Like many other ancient churches, it does not have a tower, but its role is fulfilled by a simple wooden bell tower, which stands nearby. In January 2009, the Church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary in Čierny Brod was one of the first Slovak Euro stamps to be included in the Cultural Heritage of Slovakia stamp series as an important cultural monument. Today, despite its good condition, it is basically unused.
The Benedictine Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Diakovce dates back to the end of the 11th century until 1228. The first mention of the local church dedicated to the Virgin Mary was in a papal bull from 1102. At the end of the 13th century, the church and monastery buildings were fortified. The building is two-storeyed, divided into an 'upper' and a 'lower church', which is a unique solution in our region, exceptional even on an European scale. The church is still accessible and used today.
The church of St. Margaret in Malá Mača, which stands in a field near the village, was built about the middle of the 13th century. When warriors from the Ottoman Empire sacked the village in the 16th century, the inhabitants moved a little further away, to the site of the present village, where they were better protected by a dense forest. The church is also interesting because there is no cross on its tower, but a Turkish crescent with a star, from the time of the Turkish invasion, when this church served as a mosque.
The Roman Catholic Church of St. Stephen King in Galanta is a monumental two-tower classicist building with baroque elements. It was built between 1797 and 1800 and consecrated in 1805. In its interior, the rare Baroque altar stands out, which comes from the valuable original furnishings of the demolished Baroque chapel from 1741.
Jewish cemetery in Galanta - the history of Jewish cemeteries in Galanta dates back to 1729, when Count Ferdinand Esterházy gave the Jews of Galanta a room for the establishment of a prayer room and a piece of land for a cemetery. The oldest cemetery was located in the SNP housing area, but it disappeared more than half a century ago. It is believed that some tombstones were moved to the newer cemetery on Školská street.
The Small Calvary in Veľké Úľany was built in 1740, and in 2004 it was restored and rededicated with the help of the European Union funds. The atrium of the Calvary is pear-shaped. There is a Chapel of the Virgin Mary of the Seven Sorrows, statues of the Virgin Mary and St. John the Evangelist built in 1759 and a stone cross from 1775.
St John Church Jelka
The oldest and still the largest parish in Jelka is Roman Catholic. The religious community dates back to the 13th century, with written records dating back to 1732. The former church was built in 1250 in Romanesque style in honour of St John the Baptist. The sanctuary was rebuilt in 1456 and the nave in 1549-1577. In 1756, the church was rebuilt, using the original Romanesque section to create a 30 m long, 8 m wide, single-nave Baroque church.